TITLE: Advance the Flag
AUTHOR: Chris Peers
PUBLISHER: Honourable Lead Boilersuit Company
PUBLICATION DATE: 1995
WEB SITE/SUPPORT FORUM:
PRICE (with date): $23.00 (in 2008)
REVIEWED BY: Mark “Extra Crispy” Severin
PERIOD COVERED: The Napoleonic Wars
ARMY SIZE: Shako
- Ground Scale: Not stated (ranges are noted as being deliberately distorted)
- Time scale 1 turn = 20-30 minutes
- Figure/Base Ratio 1 infantry base = 100 men or 1 figure = 1 ship or 1 base=250 men)
- Recommended Figure Size: 25mm but conversion for 15mm and other scales is covered.
- Table Size: 96” x 60” is recommended for 25mm figures; 64” x 40” is recommended for 15mm figures.
- Game Length: Most games should be playable in one evening
Shako uses flexible b
- The Artillery Phase: Both players simultaneously fire their eligible artillery units. Any units Broken (see below) are removed from play.
- Command Phase: Orders are issued and sent, units are rallied. Divisions check morale followed by the Army.
The Orders System: The primary back.
Movement: As one would ex
Morale Rating: The combat
Artillery Fire: Artillery is a p
Fire Combat: Ranged
Melee: Melee is resolv
The rule book includes one scenario - Waterloo - as well as army lists for several major nations. There are no lists for Spain.